It’s what we do ….
Fjøri provides engineering services for airfield projects, ensuring that they are not only engineered to comply with all necessary safety and regulatory requirements, but also developed with functionality, budgets and simplicity in mind.
We offer our specialist knowledge not only to end-user clients, but also to professional service companies who do not possess airfield engineering capabilities and Constructors on a design and build or advisory basis. Our airfield engineering service areas include:
- Pavement evaluation and design;
- Pavement material and runway surfacing option studies;
- Pavement detailing for minimised maintenance liabilities;
- Pavement management strategies for runways, taxiways and aprons;
- Heated apron pavements advice;
- Airfield vertical alignment;
- Airfield infrastructure geometric design;
- Design for new trends in aircraft design;
- Design and integration of airfield compliant drainage and lighting;
- Drainage structural design for aircraft loading;
- Delethalisation studies and design;
- EMAS runway overshoot and undershoot designs;
- Airfield Ground Lighting layout design;
- Stormwater catchment and attenuation design;
- Sustainable drainage option advice;
- Pollution control advice;
- Project technical and design management;
- Independent design audits and value engineering reviews;
- Through Life Costing analyses;
- Independent construction assessments.