Where Fjori’s combined skills ensure operational readiness.
Military airfields represent some of the most demanding environments for aircraft pavements, requiring very stringent controls on materials and design details. With experience of both RAF and USAFE bases, staff at Fjori understand the critical need for operational readiness of military airfield facilities and how to create airfield designs that demonstrate optimal through-life costs by minimising maintenance liabilities.
We also recognise that projects can be cross-funded by NATO, USAFE, or the MoD requiring satisfaction of multiple design criteria.
The services we offer to those promoting or carrying out military airfield projects include:
- Pavement designs for runways, taxiways and aprons
- Pavement designs based on NATO, USAFE and DIO criteria
- Airfield planning based on NATO, USAFE, JSP and DIO criteria
- Airfield pavement investigation, evaluation and remediation design
- Pavement Condition Index (PCI) and Pavement Classification Number (PCN) surveys and evaluation
- Airfield drainage modelling and sustainable design
- Dealing with airfield pollution
- Airfield Ground Lighting layouts