Worldwide highway pavement evaluation, design and management experience
Good pavement engineering advice stems from understanding the principal design requirements within each environment and understanding why design guidance is written the way it is. At Fjøri we don't see road pavements as something to be designed from a chart - that way we provide pavement designs that are what clients need. No more. No less.
From many years' experience appraising, designing and specifying materials for road pavements, we provide the following pavement engineering services for those investing in, designing, constructing or maintaining high speed carriageways, urban roads and estate roads:
- Material choice advice - rigid (concrete), flexible (bituminous), flexible composite, grouted macadam, block paving;
- Inspection and assessment of existing pavements;
- Rehabilitation and repair strategies;
- New-build pavement designs to AASHTO, UK & Ireland DMRB and first principles designs;
- Long-term pavement maintenance strategies for concessions;
- Designs for extreme hot and cold weather environments;
- Pavement material specification development.
Our experience from current work and previous work with other consultants includes pavement maintenance strategies for major road privatisations in Netherlands, Turkey, Ireland, Brazil and Finland. The experience of our team also includes development of the latest concrete paving designs through our long association with the British Insitu Concrete Paving Association as well as the development of the pavement engineering specifications (MCDRW Series 700, 800, 900 & 1000) for bitumen bound and cement bound materials, other hydraulically bound and unbound materials for the National Roads Authority (NRA) in Ireland.