Each year considerable areas of hardstanding are constructed around industrial, commercial and logistics premises. They are an important asset in the whole operation of these sites and pavements in these environments are frequently required to accomodate and withstand a very wide range of operations. They therefore require a high level of care and attention at design stage, construction stage and during use.
Fjori's expertise in this area extends across developments carried out by many of the leading distribution centre developers and operators in the UK. Our team has helped developers and constructors save considerable monies both in construction costs and also in maintenance and repair costs. Alex Lake, Director at Fjori, is the author of the Britpave 'Concrete Hardstanding Design Handbook' which includes the very latest thinking in hardstanding foundations and materials, as well as sitting on the technical steering panel for the Concrete Society reference document TR66 'External in-situ concrete paving'.
From many years of experience and knowledge we are regularly called upon to advise on:
- Designs and comparisons for all hardstanding materials: PQ Concrete, Roller Compacted Concrete, Asphalt, Block Paving and Grouted Macadams
- Efficient hardstanding layouts (to FTA standards)
- Dealing with abnormal loads
- Hardstanding and drainage details for heavy loading
- How to repair a hardstanding that's failing
- How long your hardstanding will last
- Dealing with storm drainage and controlling pollution
- Independent design reviews